Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fallen in Love

What makes your heart race a little faster? Just in time for Valentine's Day, it's FALLEN IN LOVE, four wholly original new stories collected in a new novel set in the Middle Ages by Lauren Kate. FALLEN IN LOVE gives fans the much-talked about but never-revealed stories of FALLEN characters as they intertwine with the epic love story of Luce and Daniel. The stories include: Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles , Love Lessons: The Valentine of Roland; Burning Love: The Valentine of Arriane; and Endless Love: The Valentine of Daniel and Lucinda. - Amazon.

My Review
All of the stories included in this book take place sometime during the Passion (I think?) novel, over one particular Valentine's Day. I love the Medieval England setting of each story and the way Lauren describes everything, makes me want to be there myself. Each of the stories somewhat flow together at first, but I think they are meant to be read separately. I finished this book off in a matter of a couple of hours, so it didn't take up much of my time, but it left me really, really wanting to read Rapture. So much for holding me over until the final books release! There is a lot of insight to be gained in this book and I loved reading about the different love stories. I got to know more about poor Cam and how he survived after his failed marriage to Lilith. I seriously feel bad for this dude, and I really hope we find out more about him in Rapture. In this book we get a whole different Roland then what we are used to seeing. He isn't the cool, calm, collected, and confident Roland. His first love story is ridiculously cute and so sweet! Arriane's story was also unexpected but very sad. I finally found out how she got the scars on her neck, which had been bugging the heck out of me. Loved it, can't wait for Rapture!

No comments:

Post a Comment