Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Selection

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined. - Amazon.com

Oh boy, where do I begin? I literally devoured this book in a day, it was that good. I had been wanting to read it for a very long time because I met the author in Chicago at a book convention and she cracked me up! I read 'The Chemical Garden' series and loved the concept of them so this was obviously a must read for me. And it was AMAZING! I think the only thing I didn't like was how fast the Maxon and America's relationship happened, but I liked how they interacted with each other. This book had me laughing an don the edge of my seat the whole time. It did remind me a little of 'The Hunger Games' but people are getting annoyed with it being compared to that so maybe I shouldn't say that. I found the characters likeable, especially the different girls who were selected and their different personalities and how they treated America. As for the romance, whenever America and Maxon were together I rooted for them completely, I like them together because they have the same personality and I personally don't like Aspen much. I liked that it kept me on my toes and it was a love triangle that did not annoy me. I can't wait to find out what the rebels have in store for Illea and what they are really looking for. I also can't wait to see who America chooses, of course and I'd like to hear more from and about May Singer, she was ADORABLE.
All in all, I loved this book and can't wait for paperback because I NEED to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment