Saturday, December 24, 2011

INK

Sparrow stumbles between two worlds – light and dark, love and hate, what is real and what is in her mind. When her mother dies on the Reservation, Sparrow’s world is shadowed with anger and narrowed by pain. The voices arrive, but are they real?  And how can a tattoo make her stronger? Mateo arrives to guard Sparrow, but from whom? Layne holds on to Sparrow, but why? As the voices grow stronger and her pain expands, Sparrow finds that the shadows in the corner and the voices we fear most are the ones inside ourselves. - Amazon.
                  

                           My Review
Ah! Such a tiny book for such a great story. I enjoyed it so much! It left me wanting more though. Lots of people deal with a struggle like Sparrow does everyday- a struggle with your inner demon. Kind of like when you tell yourself you aren't good enough for anything. This is a different kind of book for me, I don't think I have ever read a book about the Native culture. I actually enjoyed the book a lot, I got it done in a day since it's only about 80 pages long. Great book, great author. I look forward to more of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment