Sunday, December 25, 2011

Matched

For Cassia, nothing is left to chance--not what she will eat, the job she will have, or the man she will marry. In Matched, the Society Officials have determined optimal outcomes for all aspects of daily life, thereby removing the "burden" of choice. When Cassia's best friend is identified as her ideal marriage Match it confirms her belief that Society knows best, until she plugs in her Match microchip and a different boy’s face flashes on the screen. This improbable mistake sets Cassia on a dangerous path to the unthinkable--rebelling against the predetermined life Society has in store for her. As author Ally Condie’s unique dystopian Society takes chilling measures to maintain the status quo, Matched reminds readers that freedom of choice is precious, and not without sacrifice. - Amazon.com

                          My Review
I actually saw this book before it even came out- just the cover and fell in love because the picture was beautiful and different to me. Turns out later that year the book came out and I found it and became excited. Once I read what it was about I became even more eager to start reading it. I loved this book so much! This is going to be such a great series. I loved reading about how their society worked, how they were 'controlled' and such. It's so different. I mean- they watch your dreams, DREAMS! How crazy is that?! Everything decided for you in life, not being able to make your own choices- that would suck. The only other dystopian book I've read is the Hunger Games Trilogy. And I adored it! I think Delirum is also considered one too. I do think that this was more of a romance then a dystopian book but it was very interesting to me since I love those types of books. The second one is Crossed and it just recently came out. Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment