Thursday, January 19, 2012

Geek Girl

"Think I could turn that boy bad?"
My two best friends--my only two friends, really--follow my gaze and laugh.
"Trevor Hoffman?" Beth scoffs. "No way, Jen."
"I bet I could," I say, shrugging.
"Why him?" Beth asks. "Why not any of the other nerds sitting there with him?"
"Because," I say slowly, "he isn't your typical run-of-the-mill geek. Trevor Hoffman is different. He would be a little more difficult to take down--more of a challenge, you know?"
Jen's teenage life of rebelling and sneaking out is growing stale. In an effort to combat her boredom, Jen makes a bet to turn Trevor, a nice geek, into a "bad boy." Unexpectedly, she is pulled into Trevor's world of sci-fi movies, charity work, and even--ugh!--bowling. Jen discovers that hanging out with Trevor isn't so bad after all. But when Trevor finds out about the wager, all bets are off. - Amazon.

            My Review
Amazing book! Really. The author sent me a copy which I absolutely adore her for. Wonderful love story, I couldn't put it down. This wasn't just straight romance, it was about love and learning how to love, to be loved, how to get through heartbreak. Also how to see past labels and see someone for who they really are. Cindy is amazing is capturing emotions. I felt very connected with Jen and how she felt. Trevor too- even though it wasn't from his perspective. Kind of predictable- but not in a bad way. I was dreading it because I knew it would happen. I didn't like Jen's friends, and I don't think I was supposed to. Jane was my favorite. She had a fairly small role, but she was an amazing and sweet character I liked her stubborness! I also really liked Todd. He was adorable and I grew to love him. Reading about both Jen and Trevor was a great reminder that people aren't always what they seem. I love this book and I'll be re-reading it and recommending it to my friends. Cindy C. Bennett is an amazing author and so kind. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Rachel, for such a great review! I really appreciate it. :o)

    ReplyDelete