Monday, January 16, 2012

Prom and Prejudice

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single girl of high standing at Longbourn Academy must be in want of a prom date. After winter break, the girls at the very prestigious Longbourn Academy become obsessed with the prom. Lizzie Bennet, who attends Longbourn on a scholarship, isn't interested in designer dresses and expensive shoes, but her best friend, Jane, might be - especially now that Charles Bingley is back from a semester in London. Lizzie is happy about her friend's burgeoning romance but less than impressed by Charles's friend, Will Darcy, who's snobby and pretentious. Darcy doesn't seem to like Lizzie either, but she assumes it's because her family doesn't have money. Clearly, Will Darcy is a pompous jerk - so why does Lizzie find herself drawn to him anyway? - Amazon

             My Review
I have never read Pride and Prejudice- and I guess this is a re-telling of it. I loved this book so much. Very fun to read. I felt very connected with Lizzie, my favorite part about this novel is probably how music was incorporated. The scene at Carnegie Hall was so much fun to read and that little twist was one I didn't see coming. I cried at that part actually because I felt like her, mostly jealous though because I'd love to do that. The story really hooked me in and by the end, I was crying and laughing. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It reminded me of another series- Kiss me kill me. But I think that's just because it had to do with a boarding school and such. Otherwise- they aren't really at all alike. I found a new favourite author, and I'd love to read some more of her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment