Sunday, January 22, 2012

Stolen

Gemma, 16, is on layover at Bangkok Airport, en route with her parents to a vacation in Vietnam. She steps away for just a second, to get a cup of coffee. Ty--rugged, tan, too old, oddly familiar--pays for Gemma's drink. And drugs it. They talk. Their hands touch. And before Gemma knows what's happening, Ty takes her. Steals her away. The unknowing object of a long obsession, Gemma has been kidnapped by her stalker and brought to the desolate Australian Outback.

           My Review
I think everyone should read this book. Honestly- it teaches a lot. I will not ever let strangers buy me things. I think Stolen is a nice wake up call to young girls who might be a little naive and unaware of the dangers of talking to strangers, I know it woke me up. I loved the plot. I connected with her easily through her emotions and wanted to help her. Ty is also a multifaced character. He is clearly disturbed and delusional, but he's also beautiful, gentle, and loving. He goes out of his way to keep Gemma from harm, even though he won't let her go home. These traits show how he isn't evil. He's just a person with major problems who is trying to deal with them the best way he knows how. I found myself understanding him, even if I couldn't agree with him...
Even though there isn't much adventure in this story it's intense and I couldn't put it down. I wanted to see if Gemma would escape somehow. I loved the ending - I think it was the best part. I've read this book many times and recommended it to lots of people. I had my principal read it and now it's in our library. It's so full of emotions that I felt weird after reading it. I thought about it for a while after I was done for a while. This book is depressing, sad, and scary. I cried while reading it. Wow- I just really loved this book. Great author. She didn't disappoint me, although other reviews said so. Loved. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment